Saturday, January 22, 2011

Iron and Wine

It's Sunday which is like my Friday and I'm off to work in 10 minutes -- last day before my weekend. Was just listening to NPR's "All Things Considered" and stopped dead in my tracks when the music interview commenced. I can't remember the artist's name but his album is Iron and Wine and this is the link to the interview:

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/22/133059790/iron-and-wine-beyond-the-bedroom-studio

Got the chills listening to the song about the tree by the river...I may have to buy this album. I found Regina Specktor on NPR, too...something tells me I'm gonna love this guy.

My coffee routine is not yet perfected. I bought a strainer the other night in the grocery store after two failed attempts with paper coffee filters that ripped, spilling unforgiving grounds into what I had hoped would be my morning salvation. Now -- I put the "Blendy" grounds (with the word "Kilimanjaro" written in Katakana) in the strainer meant for loose tea, then add my powdered milk and one sugar tube. It does the job -- but I find myself daydreaming of my french press, or the N'espresso machine in Shawn's trailer, the pods of espresso like clean little capsules of perfection. Ah, caffeine! You wily and most wonderful drug. Even with morning callanetics, where I am stretching and rounding my abs towards an as of yet unattained physique, the yawns come thick and long. It is only once I have sipped the dark warm liquid that I feel ready to begin.

I will write these next two days off. I will not force myself, or worry about what it is. But I will write. What do the stories mean? How can I connect them all? I have to start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment