Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Full Moon Fever







What a moon. I photographed it from the balcony and had to hold my breath to steady the frame. It was so bright in the viewfinder and every time I slipped off it, I had to struggle to get it to come into focus again. It looks like some sort of metal ball, with points drawn across the sphere in perfect right angles. It kept making me think of Darth Vader, or that shot in Star Wars just before we meet him for the first time...

Monday was my day off and I walked around, took lots of pictures, went grocery shopping, did laundry. Tuesday I met up with Nao and saw "Mother and Child" -- very good movie that came out last year! Samuel L. Jackson and Naomi Watts are lovers and Annette Bening is in it...need I say more?

Tonight after work Wakako and I went to Shinjuku station to check out the new "digital poster" spots where the commercial for the school is playing -- every 2 minutes on a 24 hour loop, 15 seconds long. We stopped at the video store and I got some flicks...have been watching RAISING ARIZONA this evening and enjoying it all over again. Seamless voice over that could easily have been overpowering...but it aint. Great music. Holly Hunter and Nicholas Cage at their finest and so many good cameos including John Goodman and Frances McDormand...all those Coen Brothers faves. I'd love to know if there were storyboards on it. So many of the frames are just perfect. Nicolas Cage was so good in this role. Reminded me of his work in Moonstruck...the out there kind of character. He's so much better in this kind of role vs. the 'romantic hero' or the James Bond meets Indiana Jones treasure hunt spy.

Skyped with Chris and Bentley this AM -- they are in Memphis, TN...going to GRACELAND!

No comments:

Post a Comment